FAIRVOTE VIRGINIA VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP
FairVote Virginia is a single issue, non-partisan, non-profit champion of ranked choice voting in Virginia. Our members cover the entire political spectrum and come together from across the Commonwealth, united by a shared mission to revive real, representative democracy. We are looking for a few interns who will use their skills to advance the mission and vision of FairVote Virginia.
What you will do:
Research: Conduct research on all aspects of Virginia HB 1103 (Ranked Choice Voting; elections for local governing bodies, local option pilot program). Develop strategies for implementing RCV in counties and municipalities in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Collect and analyze data related to the implementation of RCV in counties and municipalities in Virginia. Present findings and recommendations to the FairVote Virginia Board of Directors.
Communications: Create relevant and engaging written and visual content for FairVote Virginia. Assist with FairVote Virginia’s social media campaigns.
Outreach: Organize, plan, and execute various outreach events around the commonwealth of Virginia.
Nonprofit Administration: Assist with various office management functions including organizing electronic files, budgeting, scheduling meetings, expense tracking, website/social media account management, etc.
The Ideal Candidate will be passionate about the mission and vision of FairVote Virginia and the broader non-partisan political reform movement.
• Enrolled in a college or university in Virginia or the District of Columbia
• Currently resides in Virginia
• A basic understanding of Virginia’s system of government and Virginia history
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G Suite
• Experience with various social media platforms
• Strong writing skills/journalism skills
• Strong data analysis skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with others
• An interest in politics, government, and public policy
• Understanding of Virginia election laws and procedures
• A commitment to voting rights and structural election reform
Compensation: Unpaid Internship
For more information, please contact Mason Liddell at 703-402-1422.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st to be considered.